Rhapsody Property Management Services
Versatile Access Management Solutions Combine Convenience and Aesthetics with Enhanced Security. Rhapsody Property Management Achieves One-Key Smart Access for All Community Amenities
“We and our property manager Rhapsody who manages over 200,000 condo units in North America, have evaluated and shopped many different product lines from all over the world including automation systems for our residential buildings and have concluded that the…system and quality surpasses all its peers and is a global leader“ - Rob Martin (Senior Vice President Rhapsody Property Management Services)
- Located in the heart of Laval, Quebec
- Property includes 6 buildings and a community center
- Offers 1-, 2-, or 3-bedroom suites
- Provides access to array of amenities including fitness center, rooftop infinity pool, pet washing station, yoga studio and more
- Saffire LX-M Smart RFID Mortise Lock
- Saflok SR Series Perimeter and Amenity Access Control Locks
- Community™ Access Management Software
Rhapsody Property Management Services is the premier multifamily property management firm in Canada focused on purpose-built luxury apartment communities. Headquartered in Toronto, the company was formed to satisfy a growing need for sophisticated third-party management and to provide a level of service not previously offered in the Canadian market.
Central Parc is comprised of six buildings and a community center. Residents have the option of 1-, 2- or 3-bedroom suites each with access to an array of amenities and a beautiful one-acre park with off-leash dog area. Residents have full access to a unique rental lifestyle. Among the amenities available to residents are a fitness center, bike repair station, rooftop infinity pool, pet washing station, yoga studio and more.
“When it comes to access control, our residents are mostly focused on ease of use and security,” said Martin. “We wanted to provide one-key access for residents through an integrated system that is easily maintained and reliable,” Martin continued.
Rhapsody chose dormakaba’s Saffire LX Series locking solution for Central Parc.
The Saffire LX-M features sophisticated RFID technology in a contemporary design. Easy-to-use, flexible and secure, the Saffire LX-M enhances access control convenience for residents and improves operational efficiency for property managers.
“Saffire was designed specifically for multihousing properties and can be retrofitted into any environment,” said Thomas Bowles, dormakaba’s National and Strategic Accounts Manager. “It combines high performance with aesthetics for a seamless look throughout the property, regardless of door function or architectural requirements.”
Available in a suite of versatile models, Saffire harmonizes with progressive building technology and amenities including the option of issuing mobile, fob, wristband or keycard credentials.
The Saffire Solution
- Includes mobile access that allows residents to use their smart devices to securely enter their residence, as well as perimeter, elevator, parking and other common areas
- Is scalable for future growth with mortise, cylindrical latch, exit devices, interconnect and deadbolt
- Available with elegant fascia colors, finishes and lever selections, making it versatile to complement any decor
- Meets UL 10C and ULC S-104 on fire door rated up to and including 3 hours
- Comes standard with no touring for increased efficiency
- Is low maintenance as the lock operates with a completely sealed, contactless reader, and batteries last up to 2 years under normal operation
- Works as a complete solution with panic bars, parking gates, and electronic access
- Integrates with market-leading property management providers for smart apartment solutions
“The Saffire system was an easy choice,” said Martin. “We appreciate the ease of use, integration and dormakaba’s customer service. Its quality surpasses all of its peers. As with any new luxury product in the market, details are important and the Saffire system allows us to have an elegant and functional aesthetic in a curated living experience.”
Full Access Management
The Saffire LX-M is managed by dormakaba Community™ access management software. Community provides property management staff an intuitive access management software to easily manage access of residences, amenities, common areas and perimeters from a single platform. It also gives the convenience of both RFID credentials and BLE mobile access keys for a seamless experience with no need for additional software.
The dormakaba Saflok SR Series readers provide access control to common areas, perimeter entries, elevators and amenity spaces. The SR Series’ sleek, minimalist design fits unobtrusively into the property. The SR readers are controlled by our Community access management software platform.
The Community Solution
- Simplifies your day-to-day property management with easily configurable staff roles and access rights
- Supports mobile access
- Easily add or delete residents, configure their access levels and issue keys within minutes
- Customize access by scheduling auto-unlock and shift schedules for specific employees and vendors
- Export audit reports to quickly view who enters and exits units
By combining Saffire LX-M and Community, Rhapsody has provided residents and property management teams with both the simplified access they want and the security they need and as a scalable access control solution, dormakaba can continue to meet Rhapsody and Central Parc’s needs as amenities are modified or added.