Setup, configuration and programming
How to useLearn how to setup and program evolo smart
How to use evolo smart
Learn how to set up and program evolo smart
1. Setting up the dormakaba evolo smart app
- Download and install the dormakaba evolo smart app from the store.
- Register the app with your email address.
2. Setting up the dormakaba mobile access app
- Download the dormakaba mobile access app from the store and install it.
- Register the app with the phone number.
1. Add user with physical medium:
- Get the user media ready.
- In the user area, select "+ new user" and select “add a physical medium”.
- Scan the QR code of the user medium.
- Once the medium is registered, you can enter a name and press save.
2. Add a user with a digital key:
- Get the user media ready.
- In the User section, select "+ new user" and select "add a digital key".
- Select an available digital key or purchase some with the "+ new key" button
- Enter the name and press save
- Now the digital key can be sent electronically at your choice (e.g. SMS, e-mail)
3. Edit user:
- Selecting the user leads directly to editing the user.
4. Delete user:
- To delete a user, swipe the user to the left. Please note that this process cannot be undone.
- Note that the door components from which the user was removed must be reloaded.
Buy a Digital Key
- Press the "BUY DIGITAL KEYS" button to obtain a key package via the store’s in-app purchase mechanism.
- Select the desired key package and complete the purchase.
- If the purchase has been successfully completed, the digital keys appear in the list
1. Create a new door component:
- In the Doors section, select "+ new door".
- Follow the instructions on the screen and hold the smartphone to the door component.
- After confirming the door identification, the door can be given a name.
- Save, and the door is registered.
2. Time profiles:
- Select "+ new time profile" in the Time profiles area.
- Give the time profile a name and define the days and the time window.
- Save to create the time profile
- In the time profiles area, select the time profile you want to change.
- Click on the time profile you want to change to enter the edit mode.
- Please note that you must update all doors in which this time profile will be used, i.e. download the configuration.
Assign time profile
- Select settings and, if desired, set up the time limitation.
- Access is restricted to the selected weekdays from XX:XX to YY:YY.
- Several different time windows can be configured for each door (e.g. for staff, for cleaning staff).
- For the time window to become active for a user, it must be granted to the user.
- Furthermore, the opening duration of the door components as well as the signalling can be set up here.
- For the compact reader 91 04, you can also set the distance from which the reader can be operated.
- Please note that each change must be reloaded onto the door component.
3. Load the configuration into the door component:
- Get the programming card ready. Press this button to start programming.
- Now hold the programming card against the door component. A short beep and a green light indicate that the component is ready for programming.
- Now hold the smartphone against the door
- Successful programming is confirmed by a short signal from the smartphone
- After approx. 5 seconds, the door component also completes the programming. This is confirmed by a green light and a notification on your screen.
Reading door status
- In the doors area, select the door for which you want to read out the status.
- Go to the details submenu and press the button "read door status"
- The status is read out by holding the smartphone against the door component
Only for compact reader 91 04
- This option is only available for the compact reader 91 04, which has an external power supply.
- If you activate this setting, you can use your smartphone to operate the door component from a slightly greater distance. Depending on your smartphone and the environment, this distance can range from a few centimetres to one metre.
- Bluetooth® must be activated on the smartphone for this purpose.
- Make sure that no other evolo door components are operated with evolo smart within a few metres of this compact reader for which this setting has been made, so as not to interfere.
- To ensure the door can be opened successfully using the dormakaba mobile access app, make sure that within a few metres of the compact reader there are no other people who have installed either this app or the evolo smart app.
These videos demonstrate how to use dormakaba evolo smart.