The K-SMART3 reader is a cost-effective 13.56MHz reader solution. The Keyscan K-SMART3 is able to function with both physical and mobile credentials in environments with K-SMART and K-SMART2 3 readers. The K-SMART3 makes an ideal choice for new installations and existing system upgrades and retrofits.
K-SMART3 offers unrivalled performance and reliability when coupled with Keyscan K-SECURE credentials. Plus, it reads Keyscan 36-bit format for enhanced reader and credential encryption.
The K-SMART3 includes added technologies and dedicated functions for Keyscan systems. Its anti-tamper “heartbeat” intelligence triggers alarm conditions when the signal is interrupted. Plus, auxiliary LED indicators provide visual confirmation of Keyscan‘s exclusive Present3 and lockdown mode.
- Leading edge K-SMART3 readers are mobile-ready for use with Keyscan mobile credentials
- Compatible with K-SMART readers and K-SECURE 1K & 4K credentials; as well as ISO 14443 contactless non-proprietary smartcards (reading card serial number only)
- Support for Keyscan mobile credentials with no added programming
- Will function with non-Keyscan access control systems (use the included K-PC2 reader programming card to toggle features on/off)
- On board audible tones generate a sound alert whenever malfunction or ‘door held open” events are detected
- Simple 2 in 1 unit supports mullion or single gang installation applications
- Durable tamper-resistant epoxy design with weather-resistant construction for reliable indoor or outdoor operation
Mullion dimensions: 4 7/16” x 1 11/16” x 11/16” (11.5 cm x 4.49 cm x 1.7 cm)
Switch plate dimensions: 4 3/4” x 3” x 5/8” (12 cm x 7.6 cm 1.6 cm)
- Physical credential read range: On or off metal 1” (3 cm)
- Mobile credential read range: Four BLE read ranges – Short, medium, long or maximum (all read ranges are subject to installation of reader and type of mobile device used)
- Input voltage: 12 VDC at reader
- Typical current draw: 125mA
- Cable distance: 12” wire pigtail standard Wiegand interface 500 feet (152 meters); 6 conductor shielded 22 AWG
- Operating temperature: - 40° C to 66° C (- 40° F to 150.8° F)
- Reader programming card: K-PC2 command card (included) to toggle Keyscan enhanced features (Present3 & heartbeat)
- BLE programming card: Card to program BLE reader range setting (short, medium, long or maximum) - package of five identical programming cards sold separately
- Indoor/outdoor design secured in a rugged, tamper-resistant epoxy potting designed to withstand harsh weather conditions; Easily installed in any location
- Connections must be in accordance with NFPA 70. Reader and/or control unit power sources must not be connected to a receptacle controlled by a switch
- Certifications UL-294 - Fifth Edition, CAN/ULC-S319-5 - First Edition; FCC ID: WFW-KSMART3 & IC: 5241A-KSMART3; ETSI EN 301 489-1 V2.1.1 (2017-02); ETSI EN 301 489-3 V2.1.1 (2017-03); ETSI EN 301 489-17 V3.1.1 (2017-02); EN 55032: 2012/AC:2013, ETSI EN 300 330 V2.1.1 (2017-02); ETSI EN 300 328 V2.1.1 (2016-11); Canadian Industrial Design Certificate of Registration: 169,198 and 169,199.
Designed to function with the following credentials:
- All K-SECURE 1K/4K series credentials
- Keyscan Mobile Credentials
- Environments currently using legacy K-SMART readers