Automated Boarding Pass Control
The dormakaba system consists of a sensor barrier with automatic swing panels. The unit features an integrated boarding pass reader and a display for passenger information. The sensor system provides single-file access for passengers with space allowance for carry-on luggage.
- Prevents misuse of boarding passes (for instance double use). 2D-barcode can be scanned from boarding passes, printed by airlines or from self-service kiosks, personal printers and smart phones
- Provides airlines with the whereabouts of the passenger via scanned boarding passes. The information can be used to decide whether luggage should be taken off the aircraft (delayed passengers)
- Provides passengers with updated messages, for instance gate change information
- Manages First / business class, VIPs and airline staff separately, reducing wait times
- Improves passenger flow
- Provides operators with detailed reporting on passage, tailgating or attempt of passage in the wrong direction
The dormakaba system consists of the half-height sensor barrier (HSB-M03) with automatic swing panels, an integrated boarding pass reader and a display for passenger information.
- System prevents misuse of boarding cards. It detects, for instance, double use.
- By scanning the boarding card, the system can inform the relevant airlines with the whereabouts of the passenger. The information can be used to decide whether luggage should be taken off the aircraft for late passengers.
- First / business class, VIPs and airline staff can be managed separately, reducing waiting times.
- Passenger flow is improved, reducing congestion and queues outside the departure hall.
- Gate allows passage with trolley, backpack and other luggage without alarm.
- Operators can profit from detailed reporting on passage, tailgating or attempt of passage in the wrong direction.