Safety Checks for Folding Doors
Activation and Safety Checks
1. Activate the door to open, place the test object in the threshold and verify that the door stays open.
2. Remove the test object from the threshold, after a short time delay the door should close.
- Check there are no hazards due to crushing, shearing, impact and drawing-in.
- Check that the opening and closing speed are not likely to increase the risk of impact
- Check that finger guards are secure and in good repair
- Check the door area does not present tripping or slipping hazards
- Check all doors have correct warning and information signs displayed
- Check the position and security of barriers
- Check operation of any manual or remote activation
- Check for distractions and obstructions in the vicinity of the doors
- Check all door panels for broken/cracked glass
- Check all equipment and cabling is securely fixed
If you have questions about any of the above items, please contact dormakaba UK Service. Safety devices for all doors should be checked by an ADSA qualified technician at least once a year.
If you have a problem you cannot correct, turn off the door and call dormakaba on 0800 212 380