E-Plex Enterprise Software with Wireless Option
Many of the E-Plex locks are stand-alone access control and do not require software, but the E-Plex line also offers several software management options that will make updating and managing your access control system efficient and effective.The E-Plex Enterprise Software with Wireless Option allows advanced management of the E-Plex Series locks with features such as access schedule, holiday and vacation blocks, visitor management and much more.
E-Plex Enterprise Software is used with the E-Plex 5200/5600/5700 family of standard door locks and their equivalent Stand-Alone Access Controllers (SACs), and in the E-Plex 3200/3600/3700 family of narrow stile locks. The E5200/3200 are single credential PIN access only locks. The E5700 and 3700 are 125 kHz PROX–based dual credential locks. The E5600/3600 are Smart card-based dual credential locks.
Building an access control system is easy as 1-2-3:
- Select the credential – pin, card, or pin and card
- Identify access points – the E-Plex line offers locking devices for every access point, including garage doors and parking gates.
- Choose product – view the E-Plex electronic lock series
- Easily manages up to 3,000 Users per lock
- Maintains up to 30,000 Events in each lock, including emergency mechanical override key usage for tracking purposes
- 16 access schedules per lock; unlimited schedules in the database
- 32 holidays/vacations per lock; unlimited holidays in the database
- Guest/Visitor management with programmable expiry from one day to a year
- Very flexible management of Service users who have PIN only access—Service users can have either one-time access only, or 1 through 96 hour expiry access, or access with no expiry
- Can quickly assign a new user to multiple doors, or assign multiple users to one door with the use of Access Groups saving enormous data entry at the PC by the operator
- Can import and export thousands of user profile records (names, Smart card or PROX card IDs and/or PINs) from/to an external database source for managing large number of user profiles
- Dual database feature allows users to have PROX card IDs and Smart card IDs, enabling users to manage both PROX card locks and Smart card locks simultaneously
- Each customer site’s computer database, as well as data in the locks are all fully protected with the site’s unique internal communications key, maintained by the software for utmost data integrity and security
- Extensive Report generation, including Lock Audits, Operator Activity at PC, Access Groups, Access Schedules, Users by Door, and Doors by User, User ID cards, etc.
Architecture & Database:
- Server/Client based, runs either in stand-alone mode on a single PC or in a networked environment on a server PC and multiple client PCs
- Robust SQL-based database using encryption to protect and manage securely all E-Plex user lock-related system database
Access Credential: Single credential—PIN only or card only, or Dual credential—PIN followed by card
E3600/5600 Smart Cards Supported: MIFARE and DESFire and HID (iCLASS) 13.56 MHz Smart cards per ISO 14443 A and B
E3700/5700 Prox Cards Supported: Any HID-compatible 125 kHz PROX RFID cards with Wiegand bit format ranging between the standard 26 bits and up to 84 bits
ID Card Enroller: pcProx (by RF Ideas Inc) PROX card reader/enroller or Smart card enroller required
- Master: One global Master per entire system; 24/7 access to all locks with no schedule or ockout restrictions; can also program and audit locks
- Manager: Schedule-based access—with no expiry; can also program and audit locks
- Access User: Schedule-based access; can only access locks—with no expiry
- Guest/Visitor: Schedule-based access; can only access locks—with maximum one year expiry
- Service: 24/7 PIN only access—one-time access, or 1 through 96 hour expiry access, or no expiry access
- M-Unit (Data Transfer): 24/7 data transfer capability (programming and/or auditing) of locks on site only; no entry access to any locks on site allowed
- Manual Passage: Toggle passage mode on/off at lock keypad by the Master or the Manager(s)
- Scheduled Access: Access granted per schedules and access privileges
- First "Privileged User" In Passage: Lock enters passage mode after a "privileged" user or manager opens lock at, or after the start of scheduled access start time
- Auto Passage: Lock enters passage mode automatically at the start of scheduled access start time
- Lockout: Only the Master or the emergency mechanical key can override the lockout
PC Hardware: IBM compatible PC with Microsoft Windows
Database Backup Media (Optional): USB Memory drive, or CD Writer, or Network drive, etc.
Portable Maintenance Unit (M-Unit): Netbook or a mini laptop PC with Windows
Note: The PC M-Unit (Laptop or Netbook) requires E-Plex M-Unit Kit as an accessory; the kit contains a USB flash drive and an IrDA adaptor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (not included)