dormakaba developed the one-way exit corridor to guide the flow of arriving passengers at the air terminal. It allows for fast and safe passage from the air side to the land side.
This modular system is equipped with a series of motion presence and video analytic sensors that are designed to detect unattended objects left within or passed through the corridor area. As passengers exit through the corridor, full-height and half-height double swing doors automatically open and close based upon a programmed flow or interlock mode. Combined, the physical barrier and advanced sensor technology provide a secure detection and entry prevention solution without the need of a guard.
- Provides a secure exit lane without the use of a guard.
- ROI is potentially 18 months or less.
- High throughput.
- Safety sensors prevent unintentional contact with the moving door panels.
- Modular construction supports a multi-lane configuration.
- Advanced Smart Technology.
- 3D imaging tracks activity.
- Highly sensitive sensors detect breach attempts, suspect persons,and objects.
- Configurable security zones to meet airport security requirements.
- Minimal energy consumption (drive units and LED lighting).
- High degree of modularity.
- No top access needed: controls integrated in side wall.
- Sensors independent of ambient light conditions and floor design.
- Open ceiling (easy integration into sprinkler and smoke detection systems).
Modular system (different lengths, widths, and door combinations)
Sensor-controlled corridor for passage in one direction only, consisting of:
- 1 to 3 full-height doors (double swing doors).
- 1 or 2 half-height swing doors (fast moving low-energy barriers creating an additional obstacle in case of a security breach attempt).
- Safety glass.
- Audio and visual displays.
- Low-energy drive concept.
- Swing range monitoring by light curtain at foot level.
- Transparent glass sidewalls.
- Kick plates to protect against bumping.
- Multiple inputs and outputs available for total control of the unit.
The dormakaba ELBC manages the egress of passengers in one direction, from the sterile air side to the non-sterile land side. A combination of microwave, infrared and video sensors monitor the entire area of the corridor to monitor, detect, notify, and isolate unauthorized access from the land side area. While serving as a high security deterrent to access, the dormakaba ELBC implements an advanced level of safety sensors positioned to protect authorized persons as well as unauthorized intruders.