dormakaba pextra+ Guard TS007 3* High Security Cylinder
pextra+ Guard is dormakaba’s premium ‘break secure’, patented protected, high security mechanical key system.
Part of the pextra+ cylinder family, pextra+ Guard has been specifically developed to meet the stringent requirements of the TS007 3-Star standard for lock cylinders. Carrying the coveted BSI Kite Mark and endorsed by Secured by Design, the official police security initiative, pextra+ Guard boasts a sophisticated patent-protected key profile, preventing unauthorised key duplication, and physical protection against all common forms of cylinder manipulation including anti-drill, anti-pick, anti-bump and, crucially, cylinder snapping.
Cylinder snapping is a common method used to break into a property and requires zero skill by the thief. Many cylinders are marketed as being ‘anti snap’ or ‘snap resistant, which is an inaccurate term. Pextra+ Guard features a sacrificial break slot, which ensures that the cylinder snaps in a designated place. If the cylinder is snapped, the secure core of the lock is activated, preventing forced override of the cylinder, keeping your property secure.
As part of dormakaba’s continual focus on product development, pextra+ now features our latest advancement “EKE” (Easy Key Entry). EKE has been specifically developed to enhance the performance of our most complex serrated key system whilst still offering the highest levels of security and conformity to the same industry standards and certifications. The precision milled EKE ramp effortlessly guides the key into the cylinder, ensuring a smooth and precise placement for authorised access.Downloads
- Patent protected key blanks, preventing illegal key copying
- Part of pextra+ cylinder family with common components
- Meets class 6 security standard EN 1303 and BS3621
- Available to purchase as a built cylinder
- Anti- Drill, Anti-pick, Anti- Bump and Snap Secure
- Cylinders marked with TS007, Kitemark, 3-Star engraving
- Available as a euro profile, double cylinder and with a thumbturn
- No additional preparation at the door, simple to retrofit
- No need to change door handles to achieve a 3-star rating for your door
- Available keyed to differ and keyed alike or as part of a master key system
- Available in a wide range of cylinder sizes
- Replacement keys only available from dormakaba approved partners
- Approved to EN 1670 Grade 5 (480 hour) for Corrosion resistance
- Suitable for use in harsh environments such as the Utility and Marine industries
Pextra+ Guard protects your door from all common types of attack:
- Plug extraction
- Nickel plated (NI)
- Satin brass (SB)
- Polished brass (MP)
- Chrome plated (CR)
- Polished chrome plated (CRP)
- Medium brown (BM)
- Dark brown (BD)
- Dull chrome (CRM)
- Black (BKM)
To effectively protect your door, the Door & Hardware Federation in the UK (DHF) advises that the lock cylinder and door handles on external entrance doors should meet the highest standard and protect against all the latest forms of attack. The DHF advises home and business owners that their lock cylinders should be upgraded to the TS007 Kitemark standard.
Secured by Design (the Association of Chief Police Officer’s crime prevention initiative) has worked with the DHF and the Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF) to develop the TS007 standard.
pextra Guard cylinder is perfect in many situations:
- Public and private offices
- Building complexes
- Private homes