The Thermally Insulated Lock Cylinder (TIC)
1/4Thermally Insulated Lock Cylinder (TIC)
1/4Thermally Insulated Lock Cylinder (TIC) - double cylinder
1/4Thermally Insulated Lock Cylinder (TIC) - Thumbturn Cylinder
Is there condensation in your passive house on the inside of the lock cylinder? Does your door have to face adverse weather? dormakaba has developed a special solution for these situations. The thermally insulated lock cylinder (TIC) solves these known problems.
- Protection against condensation on the inside of the door
- Protection against driving rain on the outside and higher protection against drafts (“blower door” test)
- Foam rubber insulation for sealing the door lock
- Ideal for passive houses, outside arcade doors or side doors
- Available with double key override function or thumbturn knob
The separation of the outside and inside with plastic components ensures thermal insulation. This prevents coldness and moisture from being transferred from the outside to the inside. Therefore, the known condensation cannot take place on the inside of the door. On the outside of the lock cylinder, a foam rubber seal exactly matching the cylinder as well as the special protection against driving rain provide additional protection against drafts.
Areas of application
The thermally insulated lock cylinder is especially suitable for passive houses or special entry doors. The cylinder also shows its capabilities on outside arcade doors or side doors.