Updated Warranty Information for Door Closers
To keep your mind at ease, dormakaba has updated the warranty information for a number of our products.
All dormakaba products are manufactured under stringent quality control standards, and are tested in the field, not just in the laboratory. They are, therefore, warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration given.
Scope of limited product warranty:
- This stipulated warranty is applicable for products manufactured in Jan 2022 or later, and lasts 500,000 cycles (200,000 cycles for selected products), whichever occurs first.
- Effective date is 2-10 years from date of manufacture.
- This warranty covers all the parts due to manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship that originated at the factory. It does not cover collateral or consequential damages.
- It does not include cost incurred, such as cost of the service/labor replacing the product, shipping cost to return the product and similar cost.
- Products and components supplied by others but used together with the dormakaba products are explicitly not covered by this warranty. Issues resulting from use with third-party components or products are explicitly not covered by this warranty.
- The decision on whether to repair or replace a defective product lies entirely with dormakaba.
- This warranty does not cover defects caused by wrong usage of the product, accident or negligence, improper installation, force majeure, and unauthorized addition and/or modification to the product.
For more information, please contact our expert in door hardware, Roy Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org).