Kaba pextra+ Security lock cylinder with extra protection
In the Kaba pextra+ lock cylinder system, key security (key and cylinder are patented) is significantly increased by a key profile produced with a special milling procedure which, greatly hinders manipulation. Kaba pextra+ is the premium dormakaba lock cylinder system for serrated keys and is suitable for sophisticated master key systems with maximum security requirements.
- International certifications
- Patent protection until 2032
- Protection against the bumping method
- Security card for proof of ownership for duplicate keys
- Colored key clips for organisation
- EN1303 Key Related Security Grade 4 for cylinders with 5 pins; Grade 6 for cylinders with 5 pins with the optional blocking pin and cylinders with 6 and 7 pins
- EN1303 Attack Resistance Grade 2 with appropriate door furniture or steel reinforcement plates
- DIN18252 grade 71 for 5 pins or grade 82 for 6 and 7 pin cylinders
- Meets the requirements of BS 3621 and PAS 24 when used with a suitable lockcase or multipoint locking system.
- Meets the requirements of Austrian Standard ÖNORM B5356
- Meets the requirements of VdS Grades A and B
- Suitable for use in fire and smoke protection doors
- The system is protected by Euorpean patent number EP2686510 until 2032.
- Certified against the bumping method; the patented centering pin hinders opening the cylinder with bumping keys.
- Anti-pick - overlapping key profile and special tumbler pins that protect against picking.
- Anti-drill - steel security elements in the cylinder housing and barrel to provide anti-drilling protection.
- Hard wearing keys providing long and reliable cylinder operation.
- Master keying - perfect for creating simple yet sophisticated master key systems, to control access for all users.
- You decide in in your master key system, which keys open which doors.
- Can form part of an electronic access control system.
- Europrofile double, single and thumbturn cylinders with 4 knob options
- Nordic oval profile cylinders
- Untion oval profile cylinders
- Australian oval profile cylinders
- Rim cylinders for surface mounted door locks
- Screw-in cylinders
- Furniture and cabinet locks
- Key switch cylinders
- Elevator control cylinders
- Bible cylinders
- Portal double and single cylinders
- Window and door handles
- Key deposits and key storage
- 4, 5, 6 or 7 pin cylinder with up to 10 side entry pins plus optional blocking pin
- Side locking pins
- Blocking pin detects illegal key copies and prevents the key from being turned in the cylinder.
- Overlapping key profile and special tumbler pins protect against picking methods
- Up to twelve hardened steel anti drill pins in housing and barrel against drilling
Three key types
- Standard hexaganol bow with optional mini-slips in five colours
- TrendKey plastic clip in 5 colours
- Metallclip with coding in 3 colours
More than conventional mechanical security
Kaba pextra+ lock cylinders are available with some 20 additional special functions which provide additional security and convencience.
- Additional picking protection
- Barrel pulling protection
- Cylinder blind on one side
- Key override from both sides
- Cam with relative movement
- Freewheel cam for gear operated and panic locks
- Emergency key override system
- Cylinder with occupied indicator
- Housing reinforced with steel shims against pulling for EN1303 attack resistance grade 2
- Personnel key
- Shear break-off against snapping
- Side locking elements
- Self changeable cydlinder with one or two change keys
- Weather protection cap against filth and moisture
- Sea water resistant barrel
- Wear resistant barrel
- Cogwheel cams with 10 or 18 teeth
- Restrictive movement cylinder available to ensure the door is guarded against being locked from within the room.
- Anti-ligature thumbturn available to combine safety and security.
Scope of supply
- Lock cylinder
- 3 - 5 keys depending on type and country
- Cylinder fastening screw
- Security card
- Installation and maintenance instructions
- Private homes
- Apartment buildings
- Small and medium sized businesses
- Public office buldings
- Education facilities
- Office buildings