The dormakaba penta reversible key system combines tailor-made security and extremely high-level copy protection with convenient operation.
Individual, serial cylinder or highly complex master key systems, the system’s versatility makes it ideal for securing all types of buildings – from family homes and residential complexes to public buildings and even industrial properties.
- High level of security through compliance with relevant standards, for example EN 1303 and DIN 18252
- Long-term protection by European patent EP2890856B1 | Not valid in all countries – see worldwide.espacenet.com for more details
- Technical construction protects against the most common opening methods, optional security elements for even more protection
- Flexible in its use with basic to highly complex master key system types
- Can be combined with electronic access systems from dormakaba
Do you need more security?
Configuring your lock cylinder to match your requirements
All-round protection as standard
- The high number of inserted, undivided pin pairs and the use of hardened steel materials protect against the most common opening methods
- The use of the bumping method (Rapido method) for opening the lock cylinder is not realistic under real-life usage conditions
Even more technical features on request
- Depending on the requirements, additional security features such as steel reinforcement shims, anti-drill or pulling protection can be selected
- Dust, insect or weather protection help depending on the installation
- Different thumbturn knob variants (e.g. design thumbturn knob) and coupling functions (e.g. double key override or priority function) offer even more convenience
Free choice of lock cylinders
The cylinder programme features a wide variety of types to choose from. You can also integrate, for example, cyl for cabinet locks, key-operated switches or lift controls into the system. Choose between various cylinder surfaces to harmonise your design.
Modular construction. Maximum flexibility
Quick and low-cost adaptation
The penta reversible key system offers high levels of investment protection, even when requirements change over the years.
A modular, upward-compatible system structure allows for quick and easy conversion of the lock cylinders to other lengths and types.
The existing lock cylinder can be adapted to a new length with little effort, for example for a new entrance door, or can be fitted with an elegant thumbturn knob.
More clarity through colour
Choose the shape and function of the keys
- Default key with two-component clip
- Key with large key clip
- Key with long key bow
- Key with RFID transponder clip for integration in electronic access control systems
Colours for visual orientation
- Default keys available in 12 colours
- Key with large key clip available in 12 colours
- RFID transponder clips available with six different colour ring elements
Added value for your master key system.
Useful special functions
Depending on your requirements, you can supplement your individual solution with one of our numerous special functions. These offer added value in terms of functionality and benefits. For more details on this, please refer to the special functions for reversible key systems brochure.
- Number of theoretically possible individual keyings 867 trillion (8.6714)
- 5 radially arranged tumbler pin rows
- up to 22 tumbler pin pairs per cylinder side in multiple steps
- the reversible key extremely difficult to copy
- Kaba security master key systems offer maximum customer protection. The keys of the master key system are copy-protected, by a technological and patented copy protection process.
- Replacement keys are produced without exception at the factory after verification legitimation.
- Ergonomically correct reversible key system, i.e. the Kaba reversible key can be inserted vertically into the cylinder keyway from either side.
- Optional steel reinforcement plates in the housing provide higher drilling and pulling protection.
- Integration into electronic Kaba access systems with LEGIC Clip possible at all times (retrofit), mechanical keying remains unchanged
- SmartKey (Standard) with 12 different key clip colors (--> standard color dark red)
- LargeKey (Option) suitable for doors with massive security door furniture and with multiple point locks, 7 different key clip colors and individually designed sticker (e.g. customer logo) are possible.
- Large and complex master key systems
- Large business and industry
- Office buildings
- Education facilities
- Apartment complexes