In order to support you in meeting the continuous professional development challenge and acquire RIBA points under the ‘new normal’, we have launched a new programme of online webinars to support your learning journey.
We are inviting you to join our free RIBA accredited CPD webinars. With this free learning opportunity you will have access to the most comprehensive guidelines on specification with the option to take the sessions individually or as a programme, from the comfort of your home.
Taking up to an hour, each presentation will be delivered by industry specialists from dormakaba’s Architectural Consultancy Services team. All participants will be entitled to receive a RIBA accredited CPD certificate by the end of these webinars.
You can register for any of the webinars below using our online form.
Equality Act 2010 - The Way Forward
22nd July 2020 - 14:00
This session will provide:
- Practical solutions to common access issues.
- The requirements of BS8300 and Document M.
- How to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act.
Systems for Glass Door Assemblies (Pending RIBA Approval)
23rd July - 14:00
This session's objective is :
- To develop a clear understanding of all glass door and partitioning systems, performance characteristics and their suitability for specific applications
- To provide clarity and authority on the relevant standards, regulations and legislation.
- To ensure that all safety aspects are understood to support successful design, using examples and case studies.
This session’s agenda is:
- Glass types and safety considerations
- Internal and external design solutions
- Swing door systems
- Sliding door systems
- Sliding and folding glass walls / partitions
- Standards, regulations and legislations
- Interactive design and visual tools
- Case study review