Master key systems increase control and convenience
A master key system is a key plan whereby selected keys can open a number of pre-defined doors. It helps maintain better control, saves key replacement costs and is convenient, as there are a lower number of keys in circulation. It also provides quick access to all rooms within the premises, e.g. for security staff and management personnel. This is not only convenient but can save lives in case of emergency.
In the example to your right, the ‘Master Key’ would open all doors and lock types in the property and is held by the caretaker. The Sub-Master A opens the main entrance and all the locks on the ground floor, and is held by the manager of the company that occupies that floor. The same applies to Sub-Master B.
In addition, each employee has one key that opens the main entrance, their own office door and their filing cabinets. These keys work with different types of lock, e.g. door locks, cabinet locks, padlocks, etc., as long as the cylinder inside them is of the same model.
dormakaba master key systems are among the most secure in the world. The defining features are:
- A system designed specifically for your needs, regardless of the type of building, e.g. residential, commercial, small, large, complex, etc.
- A tailor-made key plan including a logical key and cylinder numbering system that is flexible enough to last.
- A flexible master key system, able to grow and change with your organisation over the long term.
- Reduced number of keys to enhance control and lower the cost of your key replacement.
- Integration into your access control system if required, so you have an overview in a single tool of mechanical keys as well as electronic badges.
- Key clips in many different colours (depending on model), so you can allocate one colour per zone or floor, which is a great organisational help.