From meeting your specs to creating your specs
dormakaba Architectural Specification Team offer comprehensive technical support to the Architects in preparing tender specifications. The merger of dorma and kaba resulted a far wider portfolio adding Electronic Access Control. The team can now offer complete specification support for both Mechanical and Electronic systems related to Access to and Egress from the buildings.
dormakaba MENA has a team of 25 qualified professionals (AHC and GAIs, Security and risk assessors certified by International Institutes of Criminology , FDAI, LEED AP, BIM Specialist, CAD Designer, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electronics Engineers) dedicated to provide complete package and single reference point to Architects , Designers and Consultants at the design stage of the project prior to tender.
The Architectural Consultants are a part of this team. They are qualified and trained professional with more than a decade of experience gained from working closely with Architects and Designers in the Region. Architectural Consultants are the first point of contact to the Architects and are fully dedicated to support Architects for face to face discussions/ assistance throughout the building life cycle.
dormakaba Architectural Specification Team are pioneers in providing solutions for verticals like Airports, Healthcare, Hospitality, Education, Sports & Entertainment, Commercial Facilities, Finance& Banking, Government facilities, Residential etc.
The specifications are based on relevant Life safety codes - local / international and complying to product standards like the ANSI, BS/EN standards. We conduct risk assessment on the designs to achieve a balance between Safety and Security - in compliance with both local and global Fire and Life safety codes, sustainability and Accessibility requirements.
Architectural Specification Team’s support in providing Specification & Technical assistance include:
· Hardware scheduling and specifications for ALL the architectural openings in the project including steel doors, timber doors, frame less and famed glass doors, aluminum doors etc ;
· Automatic Sliding, Revolving and Swing doors
· Physical Access systems like Sensor barriers and gates, Turnstiles etc
· Electronic Access control systems
· Hospitality Solutions- Lodging systems
· Glass partitions like swing doors, sliding doors, sliding folding partitions.
· Movable Walls ( Acoustic partitions)
All the above specification data integrated into the BIM/Revit Model
· Conduct a risk assessment on the security designs to achieve a balance between safety and security within the facilities - in compliance with all relevant Life safety codes.
· Conduct independent appraisal reports for consultants on submittals from contractors.
· Presentations on Codes and Standards related to safety ,Security, sustainability and Accessibility.
Please contact your dormakaba Architectural Consultant to discuss and collect your project documents to enable comprehensive project specification.
Contact us today for advice or to arrange a meeting: