DORMA EM Series Hold-Open Magnets
DORMA completes its technically and aesthetically pioneering range for fire and smoke doors with EM models as needed. They stand out due to their installation friendliness and functional elegance. The guaranteed quality guarantees the highest reliability and a long service life.
- Modular system for application flexibility
- Offer maximum reliability and service life
- Certified manufacture to ISO 9001
- Concealed cable run
- Optimum holding force with minimum power consumption
- Surface, flush or floor mounted
The right way to hold fire protection terminals and smoke doors open
DORMA electric magnets are hold-open systems that keep fire protection terminals and smoke doors open. In case of fire, the trigger element disconnects the hold-open system as soon as the fire detector recognizes the fire. It must also be possible to activate the hold-open function by hand. According to the regulations for hold-open systems, a manual release pushbutton is required for this purpose when electric magnets are used. The button used for this purpose must be red, carry the lettering “Close door”, be directly next to the door and must not be covered by the door when opened. The modern DORMA electric magnets are available for different types of installations.
EM product variants
- EM 500 G for wall and floor mounting*
- EM 500 A with test push button for wall and floor mounting*
- EM 500 U for flush-mounting
* in connection with the floor bracket