Daily Safety Checklist - Automatic Sliding Doors
Walk to the door at a normal to moderate pace. The door should start opening before you reach a minimum of 1000mm from the door. If the door is an escape route, a minimum of 1500mm applies in the direction of escape. Repeat for the other side if the door has two-way operation.
In order to test the safety sensors, we recommend using an approved test object measuring 200mm x 300mm x 700mm high to test the door safety as detailed in BS EN16005. Activate the door to open, place the test object in the threshold, move away from the threshold and verify that the door stays open. Remove the test object from threshold area, after a short time delay the door should close. For sensors covering the area of door travel, place the test object directly beneath the sensor. When activated, the door should open at reduced speed.
In the case of Low Energy Sliding Doors
- May not be fitted with safety devices as described above
- Often have manual activation devices
- Travel at lower speeds with lower force
- In the opening direction will stop when obstructed and continue after the obstruction is removed
- In the closing direction will reverse open when obstructed
- Check the door area does not present tripping or slipping hazards
- Check all door panels for broken/cracked glass
- Check all doors have correct warning and information signs displayed
- Check the position and security of screens & barriers
- Check operation of manual or remote activation, or emergency stop button if fitted
- Check for distractions and obstructions in the vicinity of the doors
- Check all equipment and cabling is securely fixed
If you have questions about any of the above items, please ask our service representative. Safety devices for all doors should be checked by a service technician at least once a year.
If you have a problem you cannot correct, turn off the door and call dormakaba at 086 113 6762