Daily Safety Checklist - Folding Doors
Activate the door and place the test object within the protected sweep area of the door. The door should begin to close. The test object should be detected without contact and the door should reopen.
Remove the test object from the threshold, after a short time delay the door should close.
In order to test the safety sensors, we recommend using an approved test object measuring 200mm x 300mm x 700mm high to test the door safety as detailed in BS EN16005.
- Check there are no hazards due to crushing, shearing, impact and drawing-in.
- Check that the opening and closing speed are not likely to increase the risk of impact
- Check that finger guards are secure and in good repair
- Check the door area does not present tripping or slipping hazards
- Check all doors have correct warning and information signs displayed
- Check the position and security of barriers
- Check operation of any manual or remote activation
- Check for distractions and obstructions in the vicinity of the doors
- Check all door panels for broken/cracked glass
- Check all equipment and cabling is securely fixed
If you have questions about any of the above items, please ask our service representative. Safety devices for all doors should be checked by a service technician at least once a year.
If you have a problem you cannot correct, turn off the door and call dormakaba at 086 113 6762