Daily Safety Checklist - Automatic Swing Doors
Walk to the swing door at a normal to moderate pace. The door should start opening when you are about 1000mm from the door. If the door is an escape route, a minimum of 1500mm applies in the direction of escape. The door should swing open smoothly and stop without impact. The door should take at least 1.5 seconds to open 80 degrees.
In order to test the safety sensors we recommend using an approved test object measuring 200mm x 300mm x 700mm high to test the door safety as detailed in BS EN16005.
During the Closing Cycle
Activate the door and place the test object within the protected sweep area of the door. The door should begin to close. The test object should be detected without contact and the door should reopen.
During the Opening Cycle
With the door closed, place the test object within the protected sweep area of the door. Activate the door. The test object should be detected without contact and the door should remain closed or stop.
In the case of Low Energy Swing Doors
- Safety devices as described above may not be fitted with but are optional
- Usually have manual activation devices
- Travel at lower speeds with lower force
- In the opening and closing direction will stop when obstructed and continue after the obstruction is removed
- Check there are no hazards due to crushing, shearing, impact and drawing-in.
- Check that the opening and closing speed are not likely to increase the risk of impact
- Check that finger guards are secure and in good repair
- Check the door area does not present tripping or slipping hazards
- Check all doors have correct warning and information signs displayed
- Check the position and security of barriers
- Check operation of any manual or remote activation
- Check for distractions and obstructions in the vicinity of the doors
- With the door on ‘Hold Open’ setting grasp the front edge of the door and attempt to move it horizontally and vertically. There should be limited movement in the door pivots
- Check all door panels for broken/cracked glass
- Check all equipment and cabling is securely fixed
If you have questions about any of the above items, please ask our service representative. Safety devices for all doors should be checked by a service technician at least once a year.
If you have a problem you cannot correct, turn off the door and call dormakaba at 086 113 6762