Retirement of Saflok System 6000
November 15, 2018 - dormakaba announced the retirement of the Saflok System 6000 suite of access control software solutions. Saflok System 6000 has been faithfully serving hospitality and multihousing clients for over a decade. Given the continuous evolution of access control, the retirement of Saflok System 6000 reflects dormakaba’s commitment to offering technologically advanced solutions for your changing needs. In its place, Saflok branded RFID locking systems will be paired with our next-generation Ambiance™ Access Management Software suite that provides:
- A web-based software solution with simplified upgrade path
- Full user-controlled property configuration and system setting management
- Simplified access control for staff, guest and property access management
- Automated database backup and archiving features
- Enhanced data security including PCI-DSS, AES-128 Encryption, OAuth2 and GDPR compliance
- Effective March 13, 2019, the Ilco and Saflok magstripe locks will no longer be offered for retrofit or new construction projects.
Extended support for critical defects in the form of updates and patches will continue until November 30, 2020. After this date, no further Saflok System 6000 updates or patches will be made available. Also, please note that, effective immediately, dormakaba reserves the right to limit or decline new feature requests or enhancements to the same listed products. Clients wishing to continue using Saflok System 6000 beyond November 30, 2020 will continue to benefit from phone support through our customer service and support teams.
dormakaba has prepared a variety of upgrade programs for those Saflok clients wanting to upgrade their access control solution, including door hardware promotions for a full property retrofit. We invite you to discover our complete collection of Hotel Locks, together with Ambiance Access Management Software.
For questions regarding your current service plan, please contact dormakaba customer service at 1-877-468-3555 or your local account representative.