SUZ - Self changing cylinder
With the Kaba self changing cylinder, the keying of a cylinder lock can be changed up to two times. This saves time and effort. If a key is lost, or tenants move out with the key, one turn with the following key locks the previous key out.
This function is ideal for the construction period of buildings where valuables must be protected and access provided for contractors. When the construction is finished, the keying of the cylinder locks are changed using the following keys, which are then issued to the tenants or owners. The keys used by the contractors are now invalid.
The self changing cylinder function is available for Kaba serrated key cylinder systems pextra+, ANS2 and AP2000 in combination with other additional functions.
- The keying of the cylinder can be changed up to 2 times
- The previously used keys can no longer unlock the cylinder
- No additional tools or keys required
- The keying of the cylinder lock can be changed up to two times
- Simplification of key organization
- Cost saving by further using the cylinder locks installed at end of a phase or if keys are lost
- Following keys can be ordered against presentation of a valid legitimation
- Can be used with other special functions such as key override from both sides
- Can be used almost all cylinder types like profile cylinders, sheet metal door cylinders, rim cylinders, padlocks, furniture locks and many more
- Can be used in cylinder locks with five, six or seven tumbler pins
- Every cylinder lock is supplied the regular key and two following keys
- No restrictions on the mechanical security features
- Security card for ordering additional following keys
- Increased security if keys are lost - the keying can be changed immediately without deploying professionals or special tools
- Apartment complexes
- Rented apartments