How to use evolo smart
Installing and setting up apps:
1. Setting up the dormakaba evolo smart app
- Download and install the dormakaba evolo smart app from the store.
- Register the app with your email address.
2. Setting up the dormakaba mobile access app
- Download the dormakaba mobile access app from the store and install it.
- Register the app with the phone number.
1. add user with physical medium:
- Get the user media ready.
- In the user area, select "+ new user" and select “add a physical medium”.
- Scan the QR code of the user medium.
- Once the medium is registered, you can enter a name and press save.
2. add a user with a digital key:
- Get the user media ready.
- In the User section, select "+ new user" and select "add a digital key".
- Select an available digital key or purchase some with the "+ new key" button
- Enter the name and press save
- Now the digital key can be sent electronically at your choice (e.g. SMS, e-mail)
3. edit user:
- Selecting the user leads directly to editing the user.
4. Delete user:
- To delete a user, swipe the user to the left. Please note that this process cannot be undone.
- Note that the door components from which the user was removed must be reloaded.
Buying digital keys:
- Press the "BUY DIGITAL KEYS" button to obtain a key package via the store’s in-app purchase mechanism.
- Select the desired key package and complete the purchase.
- If the purchase has been successfully completed, the digital keys appear in the list.
1. Create a new door component:
- In the Doors section, select "+ new door".
- Follow the instructions on the screen and hold the smartphone to the door component.
- After confirming the door identification, the door can be given a name.
- Save, and the door is registered.
2. Time profiles:
- Select "+ new time profile" in the Time profiles area.
- Give the time profile a name and define the days and the time window.
- Save to create the time profile
- In the time profiles area, select the time profile you want to change.
- Click on the time profile you want to change to enter the edit mode.
- Please note that you must update all doors in which this time profile will be used, i.e. download the configuration.
Assign time profile
- Select settings and, if desired, set up the time limitation.
- Access is restricted to the selected weekdays from XX:XX to YY:YY.
- Several different time windows can be configured for each door (e.g. for staff, for cleaning staff).
- For the time window to become active for a user, it must be granted to the user.
- Furthermore, the opening duration of the door components as well as the signalling can be set up here.
- For the compact reader 91 04, you can also set the distance from which the reader can be operated.
- Please note that each change must be reloaded onto the door component.
3. Load the configuration into the door component:
- Get the programming card ready. Press this button to start programming.
- Now hold the programming card against the door component. A short beep and a green light indicate that the component is ready for programming.
- Now hold the smartphone against the door
- Successful programming is confirmed by a short signal from the smartphone
- After approx. 5 seconds, the door component also completes the programming. This is confirmed by a green light and a notification on your screen.
Check the door component’s status:
- In the doors area, select the door for which you want to read out the status.
- Go to the details submenu and press the button "read door status"
- The status is read out by holding the smartphone against the door component.
Operating the compact reader from a greater distance
- This option is only available for the compact reader 91 04, which has an external power supply.
- If you activate this setting, you can use your smartphone to operate the door component from a slightly greater distance. Depending on your smartphone and the environment, this distance can range from a few centimetres to one metre.
- Bluetooth® must be activated on the smartphone for this purpose.
- Make sure that no other evolo door components are operated with evolo smart within a few metres of this compact reader for which this setting has been made, so as not to interfere.
- To ensure the door can be opened successfully using the dormakaba mobile access app, make sure that within a few metres of the compact reader there are no other people who have installed either this app or the evolo smart app.