Digital planning portal for architects and planners: dormakaba presents "Orbit360" at the digitalBAU 2020 trade fair in Cologne
Ennepetal, 11 February 2020 – At the digitalBAU 2020 trade fair in Cologne from 11 to 13 February 2020, dormakaba will be showing its new Orbit360 digital planning portal in Hall 7, Booth 410. With this new, web-based collaboration platform, architects and planners can more easily plan "door" projects as well as manage and merge the relevant data.
Dr Kai Oberste-Ufer, Senior Manager Planning at dormakaba, commented: "We’re very pleased to be able to show a first version of Orbit360 here in Cologne. We expect valuable feedback and advice from our trade fair guests, which will help us enormously with the ongoing development of this platform."
Orbit360 simplifies and optimises door list management throughout the building’s lifecycle and enables project-based communication with everyone involved. On request, planning proposals can be expanded with the appropriate dormakaba components. Orbit360 works with 3D BIM models, 2D CAD plans and also without any graphical representation.
With Orbit360, the building can be viewed with a focus on door planning.
Features at a glance:
- The portal extracts data from 3D BIM models and optimises data management.
- It provides communication and collaboration features such as comments, notifications and file download.
- Orbit360 integrates existing dormakaba services such as Solution Finders or Configurators. The open platform also enables the integration of future services and tools.
- The portal can handle BIM formats such as Autodesk Revit and IFC files, 2D CAD formats as dxf or dwg as well as documents (pdf) and image formats.
- The data structures, such as for door lists, can be individually adapted to customer needs and existing processes.
dormakaba at digitalBAU 2020 Hall 7, Booth 411